Dynamic-CD.Net - support for ASP.NET
is an Internet Server for dynamic websites
running ASP.NET 2.0+.
runs from a CD, DVD or USB memory device
on a computer with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Dynamic-CD.Net - Features
Dynamic-CD.Net builds on the standard ASP.NET engine
provided by Microsoft, making it easy to produce a professional CD/DVD/USB-stick
that runs your dynamic web site.
ASP.NET support technical details.
The user must have ASP.NET 2.0 or later installed - if not, Dynamic-CD.Net displays a message asking
the user to obtain the latest version using Windows Update.
Easy setup wizard
Dynamic-CD-Wizard helps you put together a suitable image
for your CD, DVD or USB device quickly:
- Choose project name
- Choose server technology and icon
- Choose source and image directories, and startup file
- If required, set password protection per-file or per-directory
- Set Debug mode if required
- Set any Advanced or Professional options
- Build image
- Test image from hard disk
- Burn image to CD and test again
Please see the Getting
Started guide for ASP sites for further instructions.
When inserted into a user's computer,
Dynamic-CD.Net AutoPlays from CD, DVD or USB stick
Dynamic-CD.Net also displays a neat icon and menu in My Computer.
Dynamic-CD.Net loads itself into memory so it continues
running if a user ejects the CD or unplugs the USB stick. As shown on the right, the user
is asked to replace the CD or USB device - or cancel viewing.
Taskbar notification icon
Dynamic-CD.Net shows a CD or USB icon in the taskbar notification area - right-click
on the icon to control Dynamic-CD.Net. The icon and text are customisable in the
Professional version of the software.
Dynamic-CD-Wizard can be used to password-protect files
on your website. However password-protection or encryption cannot be used on ASPX
and codebehind files, and any other files processed directly by ASP.NET, such as
ASCX or CONFIG files. To protect these files, compile them into a DLL, obfuscating
them if possible.
Other build options
Dynamic-CD-Wizard lets you control these options:
- HTTP Port - 8090 by default
- Network access - off by default
- Initial help screen - on by default
- Startup file direct from CD - off by default
- Show browser - on by default
- Internet Explorer kiosk mode - off by default
- Terminate on CD removal - off by default
- Ignore CD change - off by default
- Eject on stop - off by default
A powerful Debug mode is provided to let you see what is happening behind the scenes.
Various Professional license customisation options are available:
some configured Dynamic-CD-Wizard, and others set by adding